Basildon Borough Council is a dynamic and diverse place to work with ambitious plans for our residents. An opportunity has arisen for a hard-working individual to work within the Building Control Department. We are looking for an individual who will help the team deliver an excellent Building Control Service.
The successful candidate will enforce Building Regulations, assist in disabled person’s access works and take responsibility for the supervision of building within and across the borough.
You will need to be flexible and adaptable in responding to the fast-changing needs of the service.
Your skills will need to include excellent time management and performance management with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Duties will include:
• You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of building control within a defined geographical area, dealing with the many and varied projects ranging from small domestic projects to large housing estates and major hospital development schemes.
• Keeping up to date and accurate site notes and records on our computerized system, including photographic evidence is essential to the position.
• You will be expected to carry out plan appraisals to ensure compliance with Building Regulations on a whole range of diverse developments, conduct meetings with architects and designers and will liaise with the Council’s Regeneration Team who have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline.
• You will build excellent working relationships with local builders, developers and designers to enhance and promote the service.
• You will be required to keep up-to-date with changes in legislation.
• There will be opportunities to develop your skills further by carrying out other surveying duties such as fire risk assessments, domestic alteration design work and energy assessments.
• There will also be other opportunities for you to develop your skills to help deliver new business opportunities for the service.
In return we are offering you the opportunity to be part of an established team aiming to achieve excellence along with a benefit package that includes a pension scheme and flexible working.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities then we would like to hear from you. Please click here to see the Briefing Pack for this role and to apply on line.
Basildon Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Please note that the Council applies a robust recruitment vetting process.
If you are successful, please be advised that you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
Please note that if you are employed by an Agency with Basildon Borough Council, you will need to complete the External Application Form (via the ‘Apply Online’ button which is at the bottom of the advert). It is important that you create a new User ‘Name’ and ‘Password’ if you have been accessing iTrent during your agency placement.
Basildon Borough Council is unable to accept CV applications, please complete our online application form. Please note, if you do not have access to a computer you could visit the Job Centre, Library or our own Customer Service Centre to apply. If you have any queries regarding this or any of our roles, please contact Human Resources 01268 206604 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with a hearing or speech impairment can contact us using the Text Relay Service. Dial 18001 followed by the full telephone number as above. Calls are charged at your telecommunications provider's standard rate. The application pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.