This is a rare and excellent opportunity to join the Council’s successful Chartered Building Control Consultancy and build an exciting career in regulation of the built environment, at a time when the building control profession is gaining increasing national significance. We are looking for a talented, self-motivated and well-organised individual who meets the requirements of one of the 4 stages of our Career Grade:
• Stage 1: Building Control Technician – Candidates will have a minimum NVQ qualification in a construction related area, experience working in the construction industry and an understanding of building construction and associated trades.
• Stage 2: Assistant Building Control Surveyor – Candidates should ideally be employed in Building Control and studying for/recently graduated from a Building Surveying degree course. However, applicants with a HNC (or equivalent) in a construction related area and transferable skills from allied disciplines will also be considered.
• Stage 3: Building Control Surveyor – Candidates will possess a degree appropriate to securing entry to an appropriate professional body with at least 3 years post degree qualification experience as a Building Control Surveyor.
• Stage 4: Building Control Surveyor (Professionally Qualified) – Candidates will be a chartered member of the CIOB, CABE or RICS and have significant experience as a Building Control Surveyor and dealing with larger commercial applications.
We pride ourselves in helping our staff to unlock their full potential and will fully fund and support candidates pursuing chartered status, in which we have an outstanding success rate.
As part of outstanding terms and conditions we can offer:
• Up to 30 days’ annual leave (dependent upon length of service)
• Flexible working hours and family friendly working to help balance work/home life
• A forward thinking, modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices
• A comprehensive learning and development programme
• Essential car user allowance
• Child care vouchers
• Generous pension scheme
Are you looking to relocate? This might me the perfect opportunity for you.
With its stunning heritage coastline, outstanding and culturally significant landscape including the Western Lake District World Heritage site, the best-preserved Georgian town in the country and a picturesque historic harbour, Copeland is a popular place to live and visit. The Council is committed to an ambitious growth agenda to deliver sustainable development for its communities and is one of the fastest growing local economies in the UK. We offer a generous relocation package for the right candidate and are happy to discuss and questions you may have.